Saturday, October 15, 2011

Good idea and a Good Plan

Found this reference on the Tiny Terrain blog about painting a bridge, just what I need. As I have 4 bridges to paint. He says to use the following:

Heavy Drybrush GW Khenri Brown,
Heavy Drybrush Codex Grey
Vallejo US Field Drab stone detail
Vallejo Khaki stone detail
Drybrush GW Kommando Khaki

While I don't have the GWs I do have some of the other Vallejos and should be able to give this a shot.

Thank you to Tiny Terrain for the idea.

Now, the good plan part: I've heard of modellers using recipe cards to write down the colors and combos so they don't have to reinvent the wheel every time. But I've struggled a bit to do this. Frankly, I don't know what I would do with the cards, etc. I know it's not a big deal.

But I like the plan of typing it up on your blog, putting the right tags and then you can just search them and find them. And, others in the community benefit from it.

So, again, thank you Tiny Terrain for the new plan.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, using your blog to keep track of the colours you use is a good idea, and one of the reasons i started mine. I had lots of recipe papers all of the place, and I never found the one I needed. The blog is a great place to store that, for your own use, and others.

    ReplyDelete