Monday, August 19, 2013

Alpha Strike AAR Setup - You'll Always Remember the First Time

I'm prepping for a game of Alpha Strike, finally.

I just put together a couple of reinforced lances based on the minis I have from the introductory box set and what is listed in the AS rulebook.

Not understanding or knowing cannon well, I just made up some situation where two mercenary groups are battling it out for control of an important terrain feature, a hilltop. There are resources on that hill and in the area and whoever controls it, controls a very important place on the planet.

But, just to dig myself a deeper hole and more evidence that I don't know what the heck I'm talking about: It's 3050 and the Clan invasion is on. Our planet is in the northern portions of the Draconis Combine space. The planet's been paid little attention.  Rumors have begun rumbling that Draconis powers are turning their eyes toward the planet for it's resources. They will need some power and enforcement there and who better than a strong mercenary unit that is proven to in control of the planet.  If Draconis chooses a particular mercenary force to be in charge of the planet, it would mean more money and equipment and prestige for them.  There's more at stake than some silly turf war.

For this game, forced withdrawal will be in place because neither side would want to give up all their mechs and pilots.

Nothing unique about the name of the Mercenaries - just the biggest machine on their team.  Also, every pilot will have a 4 skill rating. The leaders, in the big machines (Atlas and Banshee) will have skills of 3.

(Remember, the skill rating is the beginning point for your shooting rolls. And you need to hit the "To- Hit" number or less to be effective. So, the lower the number, the more likely you are to hit.  Also remember, you will inevitably add several modifiers to this skill rating before rolling the dice.)

These mechs may not have existed in the time I said it was...work with me : )

Team Atlas (Top Right of Picture)
AS7-RS Atlas
TBT-7M Trebuchet
PNT-10K Panther
DRG-5K Grand Dragon
VND-3l Vindicator
JM6-DG Jagermech

Changed pic on 8-22-13


Team Banshee (Bottom Left of Picture)
BNC-5S Banshee
JR7-K Jenner
PNT-10K Panther
CPLT-C1 Catapult
CLNT-2-3U Clint
ZEU-9S Zeus

It's a small table and I don't have a plan yet, I just want to get some minis on the table and start playing these rules.

My friend picked up the cards for me at GenCon! And maybe something else. As soon as I get them, I will post a review and pics here. I also hope to post in the next few days, a couple battle reports from some off-site correspondents.

2 comments:

  1. I've been lurking on your blog for a while; I look forward to reading your Alpha Strike AAR. :-)

    ReplyDelete