Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rate of Fire read through and test

I received my first ever review copy of some rules! I've definitely hit the big time.

Okay, back to reality. Crusader Miniatures was kind enough to give me a copy of their WWII Skirmish rules, "Rate of Fire" so I want to give, at some point, an overview of the rules at some point. But tonight I glued some 1:72 or 1:76 scale plastic minis that I've had sitting around the house for years. Way before I was into miniature gaming.

I've got British Airborne and German Falschimjager. The Germans are probably early/mid war. But I'm not too concerned with that.

I've read through the rules now and wanted to roll some dice. I set my guys up 6-10" apart, with everyone in the open except for one element (the leader and 4 rifles.). They were taking some light cover behind my iPhone.

iPhone provided no help. The Germans rolled like crazy and took out 3 rifles and the leader. Another element, consisting of 3 sub-machine guns was also eliminated.

The stationary firing is simultaneous , which for the Brits was a good thing because this allowed them to shoot back before losing all those men. Alas, it did no good, the Brits only killed 2 vs the Germans killing 6+ the main Co.

I started to look over the morale rules but bedtime was/is calling. I'll come back to it.

Bloody action.

http://www.crusaderpublishing.com/shop/home.php

2 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty fast and furious. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too received a copy of these rules from Mark after losing the pdf version due to a laptop meltdown! I was very pleased to receive a printed version free of charge which I thought was top customer service.
    As for the rules; In my honest opinion? For what I'm looking for in a set of skirmish rules I consider these the best rule set I've come across. Great system that lends itself easily to solo play...a real bonus for me.
    Although designed as skirmish rules these could easily be used for larger scale games ... something I'm slowly working towards.
    Anyway, that's my opinion and to anyone considering them.... Buy them!

    ReplyDelete