Thursday, November 17, 2011

Command Con Vendors



Here's a quick video I took of John, from The Game Room, in Washington, Illinois.  I surprised him by asking him on the spot if I could interview him. He did great. However, I wasn't confident how I'd done with it so I didn't interview the others. In hindsight, it turned out ok and I should've interviewed the rest.


The vendors at 2011 Command Con were:
The Game Room
108 Washington Sq.
Washington, IL 61571
www.gameroomil.com

Wargamer's Cave
3665 Nameoki Rd
Granite City, IL 62040
618-560-4348
 This is a fairly new business, and seems to specialize in mainstream miniature suppliers. Has room for gaming in his store.

George Knapp's Books and Figs
2600 24th Street
Leavenworth, KS 66048
913-758-1846
No website, but you can email him at gknapp@kc.rr.com
He has an eclectic collection of books, rules and miniatures for sale. He was also demoing a large hex map game of his own.

Recreational Conflict
Richard Brooks
1230 Locust Street
Owensboro, Kentucky 42301
richard@recreationalconflict.com
270-683-1086

They had paints and a large collection of white metal minis. Sci Fi, Fantasy and historical. His son (I believe) painted a lot of the minis on display and for sale. And they look great. Some cool unique figs you could use in one offs, Rpg, or skirmish games. He even had some 6mm terrain! Painted very well. The pic at the right are some of their inventory for sale. 

This year I didn't buy anything from the vendors - not much in the support side. Again, hindsight, I should purchase to support so they come back.  Even if just a little something. 




No comments:

Post a Comment