Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Amazing Simple Dice Usage


Learned this simple dice trick at the con this weekend. It's so easy that I'm slightly embarassed to say I'd never thought of it.

I was playing the Mexican American War game and I wanted to move my troops at an angle. I was told I could go as far as a 45 degree angle. I began to eyeball it, when one of my team members said, "Use a 3 on the die."

I wasn't sure what he was saying. I thought he was saying I had to roll for some mechanic to determine if I could do it.

Sensing the thickness before him, he very nicely placed the die in front of the unit to show me the 45 degree line.

Very cool.

4 comments:

  1. Works for me. I've always used a template, or plastic compass I carry around with me when gaming. But I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete