Thursday, November 28, 2013

What are you thankful for...in your Gaming Hobby?

Besides family, friends, good health, job, etc. I mean the serious stuff of gaming. What aspect of gaming, either board or miniature are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for scenario designers and playtesters.

Scenario designers because I've tried my hand at it, and this is a tough task. Making something close to historical yet balanced and fun is crazy hard and time consuming.

Play testers because this is a thankless job. You play a scenario over and over again and report on it. You take time away from other gaming to make sure the product is released in a timely manner. By the time the game is released you are probably sick of the scenarios.
Again, I attempted telling a designer I would help but then had some lame excuses about vassal and normal gamer ADD kicking in. 

Thank you to both parties for sticking with it and bringing great variety and joy to our hobbies.

By the way, here's a link to learn more about the story above about the irresponsible woman mentioned in the picture. I got the picture and the story from the archives of the University of Iowa Library Digital Collection.  Go check out their collection, pretty impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment