Thursday, March 21, 2013

Storm Over Arnhem Unboxing or UnFolioing

It's not a box, but a folio.  Avalon Hill came out with this folio version in the 90's, I was told, because it was a chance to put a game in bookstores and other outlets in magazine form.  Not a bad idea...it would seem.

I bought this game when I was 14 and never played it, too intimidating.  It's been interesting going back over the rules and wondering how my 14 year old self viewed it.  They really aren't that hard.  I just wish I could tell my 14 year old self that the best way to handle rules, complicated or not is to read  them through once.  Don't worry too much about comprehension.  Then, during a second run through, set the pieces up and just follow the rules and sequence of play through.  I'm a visual learner...didn't I know that?  Probably not.

Anyway, this was bought, mainly because I enjoyed my play through of Storm over Arnhem so much.  And I was a little nostalgic.



I'm curious, would it be better if I put a simple link to my videos or is embedding it a good idea?

I'm also excited for Phil (great blog) to see him go over 1,000,000 hits - go PHIL!  He's probably already there by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment