Sunday, October 7, 2012

Couple Points of Inspiration

Here are a couple of motivations or inspirations why I study WWII and play WWII games, both mini and board.

One is from my childhood and one more recent. Someone also recommended, "Beyond the Band of Brothers" by Dick Winters. I will have to give that a try. Someone also mentioned that the talks with the veterans are what inspired them. I think the way the producers tied in these real stories with the dramatization was incredible and very moving.

I well up every time I hear one of the vets say concerning losing so many friends and the sights they saw, "You just try not to think about them..." as he begins to choke up...obviously never able to forget.





Of course one is from the HBO series, Band of Brothers and the great movie, A Bridge Too Far.

No comments:

Post a Comment